美味情缘

美味情缘

Sunday 12 January 2014

Nigella--香蕉蛋糕 Nigella Lawson's Banana Nut Bread


Last few days when we went to a chinese restaurant have our lunch,
the boss from the restaurant give my son a bunch of banana.
He know that my son love to eat fruits, and almost everytime we go there,
sure will have some fruits back.


Especially banana.
Most of the time, my son will finish them.
This time i have some left over for me to bake a cake.
And surely i choose Nigella Recipe.
I love this cake, and love the texture.
But this time when i bake this cake i miss calculate the baking time.
And it is the time when i have to fetch my kids home from school.
And my cake was under cook.
I have to switch off the oven and went out for the kids.
After i came back i continue my baking.
I was so happy when i saw my cake done and it is still perfect.


Ingredients :

50 g           ..........          golden / black raisin/ cranberries
175 g           ..........          plain flour
2 tsp           ..........          baking powder
1/2 tsp           ..........          baking soda
1/2 tsp           ..........          salt
125 g           ..........          melt butter
110 g           ..........          sugar
2 large           ..........          egg      ( i use 3 size c egg)
1 cup          ..........           mashed ripe banana
60 g           ..........          chop walnut
1 tsp           ..........          vanila extract

Methods :

1. Pre-heat oven at 170 C, grease and line baking pan. ( i use 150 C for abou 50 mins)

2. mix all the flour and salt, combine well.

3. Mix the melt butter and sugarand beat until blended.

Beat in the egg one by one, then the mixed in the mashed banana with a spatula, stir in the nuts, cranberries/ raisins and vanila.

4. Add in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, stirring well after each additional. Scrap the better into the baking pan and bake in the middle oven for 1 - 1/4 hours or until cooked.

5. Leave the pan and cool on a wire rack.



No comments: