Again this is a Nyonya style cuisine. A vey simple and appetizing dish.
If you like assam you must like this.
亚叁猪肉 Tamarind Pork or Asam Babi.
If you prepared this dish, it is good to use pork belly。
To have a smooth and great texture.
i am using pork meat sliced and it was a bit rough.
Recipe from : The Nyonya Love
( A )
500 g belly pork
3 pips garlic (finely chopped)
3 tbsp oil
( B )
4 tbsp tamarind juice
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
( C )
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cut the pork into 2 cm pieces and boil in rapid boiling water for 10 min.
2. Drain and marinade with ingredients B.
3. Fry garlic until fragrant, add in marinated pork belly and stir-fry till it is aromatic.
4. Add in ingredients C, mix well and simmer till almost dry.
5. Or mix with some cornstarch to thicken the gravy.