This two day likes the yellowish cake.
Yesterday was butter steamed cake, today is sweet corn mantou.
Both are in the lover yellowish color.
I change the plain flour to the pao flour.
If you are using the cream corn and not the fresh corn kernels, then you have to adjust the water.
If not it will be too wet.
Recipe from: Yum Yum Magazine year 2008
Ingredients ( A ) :
320 g Plain flour
2 tbsp Custard powder
1 tsp Baking powder
50 g Sugar
Ingredients ( B ) :
2 tsp Instant yeast
150 g Warm water
1 tbsp olive oil / corn oil
100 g fresh corn kernels
1. Mix the yeast in the warm water and allow the yeast to activate for 5 minutes.
Put the 100 g of fresh corn kernals in the blender and blend.
2. Shift flour from ingredients A into a mixing bowl and mix well.
Then pour the activated yeast mixture into the No. 1 mixing bowl.
3. Add in olive oil, blended corn and mix well, to form a dough.
4. Put the dough in the bowl and cover with wet cloth and
leave for 10 - 15 minutes or until double in size.
5. Divide the dough into small portion ( 50 g each ) and shape into round ball.
6. Rest for 15 - 20 minutes and steamed at high heat for 8 - 10 minutes.