This is the first Shanghai Mooncake <上海月饼> i made for this year.
Mooncake festival still one week to go, and i have so much wanted to try,
but it just the time that is not enough for me. ha.......
Only one things that the surface is not so beautiful because i am using a small oven,
and the heat is not equal so i get the surface for two color.
I use two type of filling for this shanghai mooncake.
Hong Kong White Lotus Paste and Pandan Paste.
I like the pandan paste very much, the taste was just perfect and fragrant.
Recipe from : A-Mart Bakery
Skin Ingredients :
( A )
200 g ..... Superfine Flour
1 tbsp (10 g) ..... Milk powder
( i use 3 tbsp full cream milk powder)
15 g ..... Custard powder
1 tsp ..... Baking powder
60 g ..... Icing sugar
55 g ..... Shortening
45 g ..... Butter
1 tsp ..... Butter vanila ( i omitted)
( B )
1 nos ..... whole egg
Hong Kong White Lotus Paste --- 10 g/pcs (16 pcs)
Pandan Paste ----- 25 g/pcs (16 pcs)
## Wrap the lotus paste with the pandan pandan paste, roll into a ball and set aside.
Egg for Brushing :
1 nos egg + 1 tbsp milk --- mix well
Some black sesame seeds
1. Mix ingredients ( A ) together and rub to look like bread crumbs.
2. Add in egg and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Divide the dough into 25g each or 30 g each.
4. Take one portion of the dough and wrap in the filling.
5. Brush the surface of the mooncake with the egg brush and sprinkle some black sesame on top.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 180 C for 18 - 25 minutes.
( i use 140 C for 20 - 15 mins)