Today i am busy making piggy mooncake.
So many blogger's friend have already bake their piggy mooncake, and i just done it today.
Resipe refer to Sonia-Nasi Lemak Lover
Ingredients for making dough :
300 g Superfine Flour
180 g Mooncake Syrup
6 g Alkaline Water or Lye Water
76 g Cooking oil
1. First mix the mooncake syrup, alkaline and cooking oil in a mixing bowl, lets it rest for 1 - 2 hrs.
2. Then pour the mixture into flour and knead to form a smooth dough. Let it rest for another 1 - 2 hrs.
3. The two resting is to get nicer skin and easy to shape the dough.
1. Get ready for the filling and shape in into egg shape with each dough --- 70 g.
2. Choose and wash the black beans, pat dry and set aside for later use.
After resting the dough, devide it into 50 g each.
And the rest will be keep for shaping the nose, ears and tail.
1. Preheated the oven at 140 C, bake for 10 minutes, take out and rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Brush egg wash onto the piggy and continuous to bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Egg wash :
1 nos egg + 1 tbsp milk --- mix well.
Store for 2-3 days before consume. (to let the skin turned soft).
Can have a looks at this blog for their cute little piggy.