Today i went to the wet market and bought a piece of fresh stingray.
I decide to cook assam curry stingray.
When the time of cooking, then i found that i was out of fish curry powder.
Oh no..... and i was not prepared the own paste, so bad. What should i cook ???
And i am running of time to think out.
So i just "hantamlah" put in what i have.
You know when the way i cook, i just think of will this can be eaten with what i have cook.
Buy the way, i took a spoon and taste for it.
Oh..... what so amazing, It is good. taste some sourly and very appetizing.
Ha....... very happy with this own creation sauce, nice.
Luckily they all like this. Also the kids.
This is the stingray i bought, fresh. This is around 500 - 600 gm for RM 7.50
Recipe by: xing hui
stingray ..... 1 pc (about 500 - 600 g)
tomato ..... 1 pc (wedged)
onion ..... 1 pc(wedged)
shallot ..... 3 pcs(finely chopped)
garlic ..... (finely chopped)
fish curry powder ..... 1 tbsp
belacan ..... 1 small cube
tomato sauce ..... 1 tbsp
thick coconut milk ..... 1 cup
water ..... 1 cup
assam water ..... 1/2 cup
This is how i done...
1. Clean the stingray and cut into pieces, marinade with some pepper and salt for 15 minutes.
2. Heat wok, saute shallot and garlic until fragrant. add in the curry powder and belacan, stir well.
3. When it become aromatic, put in the stingray and fry for a while, then add in half cup of water and some of the coconut milk, bring to boil.
4. To make the gravy more flavor i add in 1 tbsp of tomato sauce.
5. With lids on, simmer for 10 -15 mins in medium heat, until the gravy become less.
6. Pour in the assam juice and the rest of the coconut milk together with the tomato and onion.
7. Season to taste and cook until your preferred amount of gravy. Dish and serve.