Still have i month before the mooncake festival.
I have buy a packet of Pandan Paste and a packet of BingPi Mooncake Mix last week, so today i try on making this BingPi (冰皮) Mooncake by myself according to the laber on the packet.
OK. Talking about the mooncake, i guess is still ok, but the outer is a bit thicker.
But the taste is good. Love the pandan paste, so fragrant.
I made only few pieces for trying, and this is my record.
125 g ..... BingPi Mooncake Mix
18 g ..... Shortening
63 ml ..... Cold pandan juice (boiled)
Filing : Pandan paste for mooncake
1. Divide the filling into small portion and roll up. ( 16 g / pcs )
2. Mix the monncake premix flour with the shortening.
3. Pour in the cold pandan juice little by little and knead until the dough is smooth.
4. Divide the dough into 20 g each and roll up.
5. Wrap the filling ball into the dough, press into the mooncake mould.
6. Chill and serve.