Saturday, 1 September 2012
娘惹焖鱼 Nyonya Braised Fish ( Ikan Tempra )
黄鱼 2 条
葱头 6 粒（切片）
蒜头 6 瓣（切片）
阿叁膏 50 克（1 杯清水洗稀解过濾）
红辣椒 1 条（切片）
糖 2 汤匙
盐 1 茶匙
2. 留 2 - 3 汤匙油，放入鱼大火煎一煎，盛起。
4. 调味后加入鱼，慢火焖 5 分钟至 鱼熟。
2 whole fish (ikan selar), 6 shallots (sliced thinly), 6 cloves garlic (slice thinly), 50 g tamarind pulp + 1 cup water, sliced red chilli padi, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp salt to taste
1. Heat oil in wok, fry shallot and garlic sliced until crispy, remove & set aside.
2. Leaves 3 - 4 tbsp oil in wok, fry the fish over high heat, turning over once, remove from oil.
3. In a clean wok, bring tamarind juice, chilly, sugar and salt to a boil.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add fish, simmering for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked.
5. Add half of the shallot crisps and garlic crisps into the gravy, turn off heat.
6. Just before serving top with the remaining shallot and garlic crisps. Serve with steaming white rice.
You may use fried eggs to replace the fish or whenever the fish is finished and you still have lots of gravy, add some fried eggs into it.