美味情缘

美味情缘

Friday 28 February 2014

炸苏东 Deep Fry Squid


Today i went to a market near my mum house.
I see got squid selling in the stall, i ask the hawker is the squid is small?
If small i don want because lazy to clean the small squid.
If medium size then is ok.

The hawker say still got one is big in size.
I say ok, give me 1 kg.
When he take out the squid from the pail i was surprise to see the big big squid.
1 pieces is already 1 kilo.
Oh my.......... 
You can see at the photo below.
It is bigger than my knife. 
This is very giant size, and this is the first time i saw this big.

I use only 1/2 pcs to deep fry and it taste good.
My two boys love this.
They eat one by one until the last one, they fight for it.
Ha..... very funny and pengsan looking at them.

To made the flour mixture for deep fry, i use wendy recipe.

75 g           Rice flour
25 g          Plain flour
1/2 tsp           Baking powder
1/4 tsp          Baking soda
1/4 tsp           Salt
125 ml - 150 ml           Water ( i use 125 ml only)

Mix all the ingredients. First add 125 ml of water first, adjust accordingly to your batter.

Cut the squid into strips, add in the squid into the batter and put into the hot oil.

Be careful of the water from the squid, it may buss up.

Dip with mayonnaise or tomato sauce or chilli sauce.  



No comments: