This is my first cookies for Chinese New Year.
Done know what happen to me, i just feel no mood to prepare cookies for this CNY.
May be just because i am busy with that two kids and the school also just open.
Furthermore the kids sick again in this season, hai.......
I was attracted by his photo and mention.
Crunchy... this is what i like, especially with corn flakes.
This is easy break and have to handle with care.
I put carefully in the bottle and when my two sons saw this,
they take it and shake, say i want to eat.
And after shake half my cookies break.
I....... have nothing to say.... just want " pengsan " looking at my cookies.
Recipe from : Mins's Blog.
盐 少于 1/4tsp
橙皮削 1-1.5tsp (没放）
低筋面粉 150g （我用普通面粉）
玉米片 (corn flakes) 压碎 50g
1. 把牛油， 细糖， 盐用电动搅拌器打发。
2. 加入蛋黄和香草精， 搅拌均匀。
3. 加入橙子削， 拌匀。
4. 筛入粉类， 再加入玉米片。
5. 混合一起， 形成一个软面团。
6. 取半大匙面团， 揉成圆形， 压平， 在中间放一小颗蔓越莓干。
7. 放入预热175'C的烤箱， 烤18-20分钟。 （我用 150 度）
110g butter (room temperature)
50g castor sugar
less than 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 - 1.5 tsp orange zest (not add)
150g cake flour (( i use plain flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1. Sieve flour together with baking powder and baking soda.
2. Cream butter with sugar and salt till creamy.
3. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla essence and cream till well combined.
4. Stir in the orange zest.
5. Fold in the sieved flour mixture and cornflakes. Mix till you get a soft dough.
6. Divide dough into equal pieces of about 12g each, shape into flat rounds.
7. You can stick a cranberry into the middle of the cookie before baking.
8. Bake at 175'C for 18 - 20 minutes or till golden brown. ( i use 150 C ）
I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year Cookies for the month of Jan 2014 organised by Lena of Frozen Wing, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.