Today i went to the market and see got beautiful taro. Buy one just want to try making this taro bowl.
My hubby love this very much. But i am so careless today.
I use half ingredients of the recipe, but when i pour in the water,
i forget to reduce into half and just pour in.
When i have just added all the ingredients inside then i realized it.
Am i so careless? Hai......
But luckily it still can be eaten. The problem is that i cant shape it.
Cause too much water, it is melting when i shape.
Though in my mine, just through in the deep oil and try to fry.
If really can't eat, then through to Mr. bin la.....
When my hubby have it, he say em.... is good. Oh...., and when i try this, it is really yummy.
But the texture sure is soft and melt in your mouth.
And sure, will try this again, cause it is really good.
This can be cook when we have any big occasion or party celebration.
Recipe from : Oriental Cuisine year 2008
Ingredients for making taro bowl :
600 g ..... yam / taro (steamed)
50 g ..... wheat starch
140 ml ..... hot boiling water
100 g shortening
1/6 tsp ..... five spiced powder
4 tsp ..... sugar
2 tsp ..... salt
1. Pour the hot boiling water into the wheat starch, mix into paste.
2. Add in the cooked and mashed yam, shortening and seasoning, mix to become a smooth dough.
3. Keep the dough in fridge for at least 1/2 an hour.
4. Shape the taro dough to become a bowl shape and deep fry until crispy.
Other ingredients :
300 g ..... chicken meat (diced)
some slices ..... green and red capsicum
4 sliced ..... ginger
1 stalk ..... spring onion （sectioned)
1/2 ..... big onion
3 pcs ..... mushroom sliced
100 g ..... cashew nuts (not added)
1 tsp ..... soy sauce
2 tsp ..... oyster sauce
1 tsp ..... sugar
1/4 tsp ..... pepper
2 tbsp ..... water
2 tsp ..... corn flour
1/2 tsp ..... sesame oil
1. Marinate the chicken with some salt and corn flour.
2. Blanch diced chicken in hot oiluntil cooked.
3. Saute all the ingredients until fragrant, then toss in chicken and seasoning, and then pour into the taro bowl.