I love this dish very much, almost every time we have dinner outside, we will definitely order this.
Yesterday when i went to the wet market i see this sayur manis selling at the stall,
i quickly buy i bush home. i leave some for cooking the pan mee and the rest i cook this dish.
My elder son also love this.
Talking my elder son, i am not worry that he not taking enough fiber cause he love all kind of vegetable and fruits. He can have enough vegetables and fruits. But the youngest son will be some more choosy.
But all overall is still ok.
Recipe by : xing hui 美味情缘
Sayur manis ..... 1 bush
Dry prawns ..... 15 g (soak until soft)
Belacan ..... 1 piece mix with 1/2 cup of water
Minced shallots ..... 1 tbsp
Minced garlic ..... 1 tbsp
Red chilli ..... 1 (slices)
Chilli Padi ..... 2 (slices)
Light soy sauce ..... 1/2 tbsp
Sugar ..... 1 tbsp
1. Rinse the sayur manis, drain and set aside.
2. Minced the dry prawn after soften.
3. Heat oil, put in minced garlic, shallots and dry prawn, red chilli and chilli padi, fry until fragrant.
4. Put in the sayur manis, stir fry for a while, put the belacan mixture.
5. Add in the seasoning, stir fry until fragrant and taste and ready to dish up.