I suppose to cook this last night for dinner, but in the evening time we bring that two kids go shopping.
So after shopping we direct go for dinner outside.
Therefore, this will be our lunch for today.
This "Pan Mee" got the other names, some call this "Flour Noodle" or "Flat Egg Noodle".
But all is the same.
But the pan mee is tasty, it is smooth and soft.
Even my two kids also likes this.
This is the ingredient goes with the pan mee. Just simply fried anchovy, mushroom slices, some crispy fried shallots, spring onion and meat ball i made it myself. (haha... forget to take photo for the meatball)
Recipe refer to : Hearty Breakfast Treats and Malaysia Hawker Delights
Modified by : xing hui 美味情缘。
Soup base :
1. Heat up 4 tbsp oil, stir fry 100 g of anchovies until fragrant, add in 2 ltr water.
2. Bring to boil turn to low heat and cook for 1 hour.Remove anchovies.
3. Add 1 cube of anchovies cube into the soup and some pepper powder to taste. lastly put in the Sayur manis.
4. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
Minced pork meat with some salt, sugar, sesame oil, pepper, add in some egg white and stir for one direction until the meat become sticky, rest for 15 mins, shape into a meatball and boil in the soup until cook.
Other side ingredients :
1 bowl ..... Fried crispy anchovies
1 bowl ..... Fried shallots
1 bowl ..... Mushroom slices
1 bowl ..... Spring onion
(In a small pot put in 1 bowl of soup base and together with the mushroom slices simmer in low heat until mushroom is soft, drain and set aside.)
Adequate of sayur manis / sweet leaf bush
1. Soak the dry pan mee until soften, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a pot of hot water, put in the pan mee and boil until the pan mee is cook and soften.
3. Place the pan mee into a serving bowl, put on some fried anchovies, mushroom slices, fried shallot, meatball, and spring onion.
4. Pour in the hot soup into the bowl and ready to serve.
For the chilli dipping sauce :
150 g ..... red chilli
10 g ..... chilli padi
2 tbsp ..... grilled belacan
Some kalamansi (squeeze for juice)
### Mix all the ingredients together as a dipping sauce.
After having our lunch, we have a glass of fresh orange juice blended.