Last time when i posting this Coconut Jelly Cake, it is an order from my sister colleague.
But this time i made this for us, course i want to see the cake cutting out and the result inside.
I am so happy to see this beautiful jelly cake that is so successful.
And it is serve chill and the coconut flavor are so fragrant.
The colour are so beautiful.
When you serve this in the hot hot weather, it is so good and enjoyable.
I made this in 7" round cake pan.
Sponge Cake : I use recipe from Kingdom of Tasty Life with some changes.
Vanila Sponge Cake
Whole eggs ..... 2
Hong Kong flour ..... 40 g
Caster sugar ..... 40 g
Canola oil ..... 13 g
Vanila essence ..... 1/2 tsp
1. Beat the egg and sugar using electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
2. Sifted in the flour in 3 batch and fold with a spatula until well mix.
3. In a another bowl in the corn oil with the vanila essence.
4. Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture into no ( 3 ), mix till well combined.
5. Pour the no. ( 4 ) mixture into the flour mixture and gently mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking pan, bake at 150 C for 30 minutes.
7. Let it cool before unmould from the cake pan.
Agar - agar layer :
Pink layer ingredients :
Swallow sun brand agar-agar ..... 1 pack
Thick coconut milk ..... 200 ml
Water ..... 700 ml
Sugar ..... 180 g
Pandan leave ..... 2 pcs (knotted)
Few drop of yellow and pink coloring
1. Put all the ingredients into a saucepan, boiled until sugar and agar-agar powder dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. Divide the agar-agar into two portion. 200 ml add in yellow colouring and the other 700 ml add in pink colouring, stir well and set aside.
1. Place the sponge cake into the cake pan.
2. Slowly pour in the 700 ml pink agar-agar into no. ( 1 ). Let to cool. After done, put in the Hello Kitty agar-agar on top of the pink layer, then slowly pour in the 200 ml yellow agar-agar on top.
3. Keep in the fridge for few hours before serve.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Baby Sumo (Eat Your Heart Out).